January 21, 2014

Amazing.

Being a mommy is amazing.

It's amazing to watch Ellie grow up and learn something new (or 10 somethings new) every day.  It's amazing (and a little scary, I admit) that Michael and I are 100% responsible for the care and well-being of a little human being.  It's amazing to see life through the eyes of a child again.  It's amazing to see more of myself in Ellie every day as her personality develops.  It's amazing to know more of her heart and her spirit as she learns what's right and wrong.  It's amazing to have the privilege to raise our daughter, day in and day out.

Ellie is amazing.  She was created by God, and for God, for a divine purpose.  I get to be a part of that every day, and that is nothing short of amazing!  Today I am overwhelmed with blessings and gratitude, and the word I keep coming back to is amazing.  I never want to forget this feeling.

My fixation on the word amazing began early this morning.  I was struck by the smallest of things as we were getting ready for the day doing nothing out of the ordinary.  Literally on my way out the door to drop Ellie off at school, I looked at her and said, "You are amazing."  And do you know what she said?  "You are amazing, too."

I was struck.  I have been struck by that all day.  Motherhood is amazing.  An amazing journey.  You know what makes me the most excited about that?  I get to be a mommy for the rest of my life.  Now, that is amazing.

2 comments:

  1. love you, dear friend. you're such a good momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too!!! Thanks for reading, commenting, and encouraging! You are good at that :)

    ReplyDelete